Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday’s Tablescape: DIY Yellow Candy & Cookie Buffet

I decided to showcase a slightly different tablescape today…

Say hello to DIY candy and dessert buffet perfection! When I first scrolled through these pictures in my Google Reader, I thought I was looking at sweet table design guru, Amy Atlas’ blog. But no, this table was actually designed by my friend Virginia for a party in honor of her new baby, Kaelyn! (On a side-note, Virginia is a talented graphic designer who designed my initial logo and brand identity when I first launched Sweetchic two years ago!)

These magazine-worthy shots were captured by our mutual friend and photographer extraordinaire, Kelly of Kelly Chau Photography (YAY for fellow Weddingbee alums!). Take a peek: 

yellow candy cookie table tablescape whimsical

 candy buffet yellow lollipops rice krispy treats cupcakes meringue

Are you impressed yet?! And can you believe that nearly all of the goodies are store-bought, and a number of the platters were borrowed. Talk about resourceful! Virginia put SO much thought, time and effort into Kaelyn’s party, what a lucky baby! I forsee some awesome birthday parties in Kaelyn’s future!

  candy buffet chinese takeout boxes biscotti cinnamon rolls cookies

A super crafty way to create the levels on this table? Boxes wrapped in coordinating wrapping paper!

yellow candy cookie table tablescape whimsical bee cake

I love the little bees buzzing around the top of the cake! Perfect with the color scheme (and perhaps a little homage to Weddingbee? hehe)

 yellow polka dot candy cookie table tablescape whimsical 2

But wait, where’s Kaelyn?!

kelly chau photography baby 1

Click here, to check out some amazing shots from Kaelyn’s photo session, again by Kelly Chau!

{Every Tuesday, Sweetchic Events features a fabulous tablescape from around the blogosphere for your viewing pleasure!}

Blog-sig-v1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers