Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Finally, a Cupcake Truck in Chicago!

Yeah, yeah, the cupcake trend has been in full force for a while now and it is supposed to be on its way out and perhaps a bit passé to some. But that doesn’t mean I don’t love me a good red velvet cupcake with a heap of cream cheese frosting! I’ve always been envious of other cities like NYC and LA which are known for having dessert trucks, taco trucks and the like (BTW, in writing this post, I just discovered that NY’s famed Dessert Truck is now a storefront and the truck no longer roams the street! Bummer…)

But now Chicago gets its very own CUPCAKE TRUCK, Flirty Cupcakes! Woohoo! They literally just launched the truck this month, so hopefully it does well and sticks around for a while. Better yet, they are available to come to your event (ahem, wedding) for some curbside service. You would be the most popular couple ever (at least with the lady guests)!

In order to find out their daily locations, follow them on Twitter or like them on Facebook.

 Flirty Cupcakes Chicago cupcake truck 6

 Flirty Cupcakes Chicago cupcake truck flavors  Flirty Cupcakes Chicago cupcake truck 2

 

Based on their website, the flavor that intrigues me the most (besides red velvet) is the CBFF aka Chocolate Cupcake with a Nutella Ganache. That sounds like a bite of cupcake heaven!

Flirty Cupcakes Chicago cupcake truck 7

     Flirty Cupcakes Chicago cupcake truck 4

{Images via their Facebook fan page}

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to track down this truck… I think a tasting is in order!

Who wants to join me?! :)

 

Blog-sig-v1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers