Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chicago Bridal Market Experience

On Monday, Ms. Hot Wings and I had the opportunity to go to the Chicago Bridal Market under the as “Press”. What exactly is the Bridal Market? It is where tons of wedding dress designers/manufacturers along with wedding accessories and shoe manufacturers gather bi-annually to display all their new designs for retailers to view and place their orders for Spring/Fall. Very cool! Unfortunately most of the high-end dress designers show their goods at the NYC Bridal Market, so there was no Vera/Monique/Amsale/Reem/Melissa/etc. for us too see and drool over…

 

Pictures were not really allowed, but I snuck in a few. Imagine thousands of square feet of dresses upon dresses! I was seriously gaga over some of the gowns and they made me want a wedding RE-DO (and then there were some dresses that just made me want to gag. Period.)

Chicago Bridal Market 1

Chicago Bridal Market 2

No comment on these below…

Chicago Bridal Market 3


I seriously wanted to make off with one of these cute OKA b flip flops that you can literally throw in the dishwasher!

Oka B flip flops

Most of the fashion shows took place on Sunday, but we were lucky enough to catch this Mori Lee show. Again, I don’t think I was supposed to take pictures, but I told the guy, “We’re Press.” hahaha.

I love love love the bottom of this dress, how dramatic are those ruffles?! Le sigh…

Mori Lee ruffle gown 1 Mori Lee ruffle gown 2

 

There was something very lovely and luxe about the cut and fabric of this particular dress below (my lousy pictures do it NO justice!)

Mori Lee 2 Mori Lee satin back

 

If I WAS to have a wedding re-do now, I might choose something like one of these below: sweetheart neckline, higher waist (I’m short waisted anyways), blingy belt, a skirt that SWIRLS when you twirl… and POCKETS!

 Mori Lee pockets gown Mori Lee organza gown

 

The rest of these (considerably better) pictures were taken by Kevin Ramos, the official Project Wedding photographer for the site’s Wedding Dress section.

Can you tell, I really love this shape?

Watters pockets gown Allure pockets gown 1
L: Watters Brides   R: Allure Bridals

 

The trumpet shape is also another one of my faves; these remind me of something a celeb would wear to the Oscar’s (if in a different color).

Allure 1 shouldered gown 1 Allure satin ruched gown
Both by Allure Bridals

 

Hello gorgeous gown with amazing ruching and fab, blingy belt by Maggie Sottero! I could totally see JLo wearing this down the red carpet (doesn’t the model kinda remind you of JLo if you squint a bit?! hehe)

Maggie Sottero ruching 1  

Let’s not forget about the bridesmaids, they deserve to look smokin’ in their bridesmaids attire too! Navy is a big color, I think I saw a lot of navy bridesmaids dresses on display. The one on the right by Watters is super cute and sassy with the sweetheart neckline and soft draping.

Allure bridesmaid navy 1 Watters bridesmaid navy
L: Allure Bridals, R: Watters

 

I think I want the purple one, bridesmaid or no bridesmaid. I am a sucker for lady-like dresses with V-necks, floofy skirts and pockets!

Watters bridesmaid brown purple bm dress

What do you think?!

**By the way, you may not immediately see these dresses up on the company websites because most of them were “new releases” for the fall season.**

Blog-sig-v1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers