Thursday, December 9, 2010

2011 Pantone Color of the Year

Hold the phones, the new 2011 Pantone color has been announced, and it is Honeysuckle! Aka, a gorgeous shade of vibrant reddish-pink… and if you’ve been to my website or blog (as I’m sure many of you have, since you’re reading this after all!), you know I love me some pink!

image

Strangely enough, I’ve had very few brides with vibrant pink color schemes over the past 3 years! So I’m glad it’s going to make a comeback… but please, NO more blush pink and brown!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term Pantone, “The Pantone Color Matching System is largely a standardized color reproduction system. By standardizing the colors, different manufacturers in different locations can all refer to the Pantone system to make sure colors match without direct contact with one another.” (via Wikipedia)

Here are the colors from recent years:

imageimage

Are you having any pink in your color scheme, whether as a primary color or an accent color?

Blog-sig-v1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers