Monday, August 23, 2010

The Reception Dress

Yes, you spent hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars on your wedding dress. So why would you spend money on another dress to wear during your reception? I admit, it may not be the most practical idea, but who says you have to be practical on your wedding day?! :) The main reason I support getting a second Reception Dress is: Comfort! I’m sure your wedding gown is beautiful, but for many of you, it’s probably heavy, hot, and perhaps a bit constricting. You want the freedom to move around, relax and dance!

It certainly doesn’t have to be an expensive designer dress. Department stores are a sure-fire place to find the perfect white gown. Also considering finding a bridesmaids dress that comes in white or ivory, although keep in mind you’ll need to order at least 3 – 4 months in advance if going the bridesmaid dress route.

If you are unsure of when to change into Dress #2, consider waiting until after your First Dance and Father/Daughter dance (so that you can do those in your Wedding Dress) and change once the dance floor is open and in full swing.

Here are some fab dresses I found online that won’t break the bank!

This one is sooooo sassy!

image   image
JS Sequin Sheath Dress, Nordstrom, $138


image image
Adrianna Papell One Shoulder Ruched Rosette Dress, Nordstrom, $188


image image
BCBG Strapless Applique Dress, Nordstrom, $398


image image
JS Boutique Pearl Trim Crisscross Matte Jersey Gown, Nordstrom, $178


image image
Silk Tricotine Sophia Gown, JCrew, $119!!!!!!!!


This dress is SO lovely, I would wear it for my whole wedding (if I could actually pull it off, which I can’t) and never want to take it off :)
image image
Chiffon & Organza Dune Gown, JCrew, $850

I don’t have a great full length shot of my own Reception Dress, but here is a candid moment which clearly shows how I was able to get my groove on at my wedding :) The Husband actually found this white satin dress with black beading for me at Carson’s for a whopping $123!

260
Photo by Dennis Lee Photography


Do you have a Reception Dress, or is this something you are considering? Where are you shopping for it?

Blog-sig-v1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers