Thursday, April 1, 2010

Amazing DIY Wedding Projects on Ruffled!

Ruffled is one of my favorite wedding blogs, and I have been blown away by their recent DIY contest entries! (I’m also amazed that all these people who entered have such great photography skills, but that’s a whole ‘nother topic…) The entry deadline has already passed, and below are some of my favorite entries. Check out the links for step-by-step instructions for each of the projects and many more pictures. If I were a bride, I would totally be inspired by this creativity!

Entry #4: Vintage Postcard Save-the-Date by Heather

This dedicated bride scoured antique stores for vintage postcards (which already were used/written on):

vintage-postcard-save-the-date-wedding-diy2

And painstaking bleached the ink writing off and typed her Save-the-Date message with a vintage type-writer. Wow!

vintage-postcard-save-the-date-wedding-diy3

 

Entry #10: Vintage Bridesmaids Necklace by Lisa of Ink and Buttons

Now this is one of my favorites because I totally WANT this necklace… but am too lazy to make it for myself, despite the detailed instructions! Anyone want to make it for me?! hehe. It’s made with a strand of chandelier crystals!

satin-bridesmaid-necklace-chandelier-diy-anthropologie-inkandbutton1

satin-bridesmaid-necklace-chandelier-diy-anthropologie-inkandbutton2

Actually, upon second reading, I may have to attempt this necklace at some point because I love it that much.

 

Entry #17: Faux Milkglass Centerpieces by blogger Annie of Marry You Me

Milk glass is seriously all the rage these days, but can be hard to find and/or pricey. So this resourceful bride found regular glass vases at the thrift store, and SPRAY PAINTED them! What an Ah-Ha moment, duh! And they turned out amazing - all the look - without the all the price. I’ve never actually attempted to spray paint anything, but I’m seriously tempted to try now…

diy-spray-paint-milkglass-centerpieces

diy-spray-paint-milkglass-centerpieces

I also think her choices in glassware were perfect!

diy-spray-faux-milkglass-centerpieces

 

Entry #18: Vintage Lace Headband by Jessica

Three simple ingredients became a swoon-worthy headband. How perfect would this look with a flowy, Grecian-style gown?

diy-vintage-appliqué-lace-headband1

diy-vintage-appliqué-lace-headband2 



Entry #20: Tin Can Vases
by Cori Cook Floral

Ok, this project is completely affordable and SO do-able for a crafty bride without a big budget for flowers!

diy-tin-can-vases-centerpieces-idea2

VOILA!

diy-tin-can-vases-centerpieces-idea1

Entry #23: Photobooth Wall by Laura

How cute is this photobooth wall? If I could go back in time, I would love to have something super awesome like this at my wedding! Oh well, no such luck…

vintage-wall-photobooth-background-frame-wallpaper1

 

You can find all of the entries linked here. Trust me, so much DIY goodness you may just be tempted to head over to your nearby thrift store/craft store/hardware store!

Blog-sig-v1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers